BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Hair It Is

Dark And Lovely

Monday, September 14, 2009

Vintage Hair Care Products




Remember telling one of my co-workers that Europeans use some Afro American or Ethnic hair care products. In particular I told him Murray's pomade. Well needless to say he laughed and said "Come on White people using doo rags too-lol." Where I found this information originally was in an issue of "Allure". European people do use it for "flyaways"


While gel, Haarspray und Co. with the first rain collapse, hairstyles with these pomades - almost - to every weather stand firm. In order to style steady and half-steady pomades are suited. Indeed, these pomades look steady at first sight and tough, however, recompense with a very good plasticity and weather resistance.


Use this believe it or not on my brows and lashes. Although again, it is not recommended. Use on brows to groom and lashes to strengthen. Also, use this on the bottom of my feet.



" The original " from Murray's since 1926
Care: Not as a beginner's pomade suitable, because the pomade is to be washed out hard again.

" Murray's Superior of pomade " - the original. Since 1926 it is produced after the same recipe. The pomade is declared, in the meantime, by professionals as one of the worldwide best hair pomades. The smell is legendary.

In the meantime, in the Set's in Hollywood she belongs to the inalienable accessories of every stylist.

This pomade is a true ferro-concrete from the box and the Problemlöser for all recalcitrant places in the hair. She gives a really nice shine and brilliant styling.

She is also suited well as a base pomade. To the shining finish one can use the medium steady pomade Sweet Georgia Brown or use the soft pomades Murray's Really Light or Murray's Hair-Glo.


Consists
* Vaseline
* Mineral oil
* Perfume


Well let's take a look at a few products sold in the German market.

Check out this website too http://www.pomade-shop.eu/





My mom use to put this in my hair when I was little. After shampoong my hair with the very nice fragrant smell of Revlon's Flex shampoo, she would towel dry my hair and then place Blue Magic in my hair. Boy was it thick. After parting my hair into small sections she would braid it. It was either the afro or the kinky braids. This was the only way she knew to do my air. My mom's hair was silky long and wavy. While my hair was dry and curly; making it very difficult to manage.

After many years of fighting my hair with perms, braids and such, I decided to go natural and find a way to do my own hair. Although my mom did do the best she could with the crop God gave me, I have always struggled with managing it on my own.

Three weeks ago I shaved it all off (did this before at least twice). Am using products in my hair that my mom use to put on it. Drinking Epsom salt daily to cleanse and purify my body of toxins. Taking vitamins that I don't get in my daily diet since I am a vegetarian. Scrubbing my scalp with Epsom salt at least twice a week. The goal is to be able to manage my hair without chemicals and possess a healthy crop of hair. Skin is porous and we really have to be careful what we put on it for it can be absorbed into our body.

This is so hard and I use to hate when my mom put it in my hair. Now I am using it again.




The blue pomade from Memphis / Tennessee. Known for strong shine!

The Blue Magic is a confidential tip in the matter of shine among experts. In the gigantic pot (more than 300 g) she works rather like a gel. However, instead of drying up the hair like gel.

According to amount the Blue Magic lets the hair easily to strongly shine. She gives a medium strong hold.

If one screws on the box of the Blue Magic, one awaits a very shining, deep blue pomade. The wonderful, intensive color really reminds of a varnished mini sea bay. For every home railroad amateur handicraftsman the Blue Magic would do magic as a sea dummy certainly rays in the face (instead of in the hair). Therefore, maybe she carries "Magic" in her name.

In the beginning the Blue Magic Conditioner smells rather like a furniture polish. However, after a while the box exudes a nostalgic smell with a breath to fresh Zitrus. However, in the hair the smell lies down.

Application
For a classical, laid hairstyle: A finger point fully Blue Magic take. Between the fingers rub. And glide over the dry hair. One can repeat this a pair of time and comb afterwards in the desired form.

To the hair care: A finger point fully Blue Magic take. And with the finger points massage in thoroughly to the hair - from the hair roots up to the points. Then by wish doctor.

Styling tip

For more shine the Blue Magic works best of all after the shower if the hair is towel-dry. Use then for styling a coarse comb or a hairbrush - on a too fine comb the pomade gets stuck too much and the hair would be attacked too much.

Contents materials:

* Vaseline
* Lanolin
* Lecithin
* Mineral oil
* Perfume
* Color Green 6 and Violet 2

I do like the smell!
This was used on my hair as well. More for pressing when I was a young girl.



The Royal Crown Hair dressing is an absolute tidbit: As to us was confirmed since by the manufacturer, the Royal Crown was as can be proved the favorite pomade of a popular rock'n'roll of singer (Mr. E. P. from Memphis / Tennessee). It is packed in carton boxes (!) and contains olive oil.

The Royal Crown Hair dressing is a legendary pomade from Memphis. Since 1938 it is produced in the USA after the same recipe. In the second world war was of this pilot American the favorite pomade. In the 1950th she polished on the heads the biggest rock'n'roll stars. And still today she counts to the most popular pomades of the USA.

In the Fifties the Royal Crown was so famous that it was promoted even by the rock'n'roll legend Little Richard in a refreshing and eager kind. By the way: Still today the commercial on the CD "Shag on Down By Union Hall" is to be heard. Namely on place 15.

The effect

This softy to medium steady pomade gives excellent, light to middle hold and really brilliant shine without, besides to work, fatty or to feel oily. Besides, she improves the hair structure and dry, fragile hair becomes softer and smoother. Even if one acts really a lot in the hair, the hairstyle looks not oily or heavy, but incomparably cultivated and really brilliantly. The Royal Crown gives a nice hold for the whole day to the hairstyle. And if it should wildly go off, nevertheless, time, the comb is simply pulled out and the hairstyle sits again.

For very strong hold or short Hairstyles, how crew cuts or Flat top one should take something stronger, like the Murray's Superior, DAX Wave and Groom or the Nu Nile.

The Royal Crown gives a nice shine and emphatically the locks to curly hair, however, to the volume one she is too soft. There one should reach rather to steadier pomades, like the Black and White, Nu Nile, DAX Green and gold. Or too much steady pomades, like the DAX Wave and Groom, Murray's Superior or to those of High Life: High Life Heavy, Voodoo Brew or Bluebird.

For whom this product is suited

* For fans of films him of 1930th and 1940th (for a really very cultivated hairstyle)
* For fans of the 1950th and from rock'n'roll singers from Memphis (to the styling with the original pomade!!)
* For lovers of cultivated, classical hairstyles without looking too much stylish, besides.
* For medium long to long hair (to the smoothness and to the back comb)

Consistency and smell

The Royal Crown is from softer to medium steady consistency. The color is bright, waxy, almost glazed. Indeed, the smell is discreet, but still very present and reminds of dubbing and lime or even of shaving powder of the old US-Barbershops. Men love the smell, women find him too intensive. In the box the smell is strong, however, in the hair he spreads nicely harmoniously.

Styling tips

Tip : For more shine the Royal Crown works best of all after the shower if the hair is towel-dry. Use then for styling a coarse comb or a hairbrush - on a too fine comb the pomade gets stuck too much and the hair would be attacked too muchgain.

Ingredients: * Vaseline * olive oil * Fragrance


Our hair issues start so early. From early childhood, we’re encouraged to tame it with products, to control our curls (by creating bigger, heat-processed curls), to somehow disguise our “bad hair” and create the illusion of “good hair”, better living through chemistry. And if our roots dare show (such a bitter double-entendre on that word, roots), we perm them to high hell every six weeks to keep up appearances. And our family and friends have all compounded those feelings through years of learned good intentions.


“Do something with that head of yours.” “Can you even pass a comb through that?” “Your hair looks like Buckwheat/ Sideshow Bob/ a Brillo pad/ a ju ju warrior.” I see it as an institutionalized chain of self-loathing.

Know that there are many women who don’t feel as strongly anti-straightener as I do now. For many women, it ain’t that serious. It’s just hair, and they can switch the style up whenever they want with wigs or weaves, or hot combs. Use to have that same belief for I admired that versatility, Right now I am happy to work with what I’ve got. For me, my hair feels like an extension of me. It’s who I am. For me, it’s not just a hair style, it’s a life style.

Natural hair isn’t THAT hard to care for. Sure, transitioning can be traumatic if you’re not used to having hair with its own will. But if you learn how to work with it, your rewards will be great. Imagine being able to go swimming and get your hair wet without worrying about ruining your do. Imagine having fun outdoors, or working out as often as you’d like because you don’t have to worry about sweating out your roots. Imagine being able to wake up, wash, style, and go without spending an hour fussing with a flat iron. Imagine fluffing your fro or pulling back your locs and looking effortlessly cute after riding in a convertible. Imagine having healthy, strong hair that’s nourished and undamaged by heat, harsh treatments and processes.

If you go natural, it can take a while to find the perfect product for you. I’m not even gonna lie. Not every thing works for everybody.



Optimum HiProtech Reconstructor Damaged

Use this for my hair lacks much moisture. It has always been very dry. Use it maybe twice a week. It is expensive and I would use it more if it wasn't so costly or if I had a Lee's Beauty Supply near me.

Use this product Optimum Conditioning by Soft Sheen HiProtech Reconstructor Damaged. Leaves hair with great moisture. Restores pliability, infuse body, retain moisture, provide sheen and help repair abraded sites. (Usually can find it at Lee's Beauty Supply on 9701 Harper Avenue Detroit, MI 48213). Ingredients: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Hydroxyethycellylose, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Peg-3 Tallow Amino Propylamine

Pro-Line Coconut Oil Conditioner
When I am not using Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer, I use this. Dad use to use this in his hair all the time. Not sure why my hair was always dry. Mama had a silky and wavy texture to her hair. Daddy's hair was curly, but not dry. Maybe it was mama's diet when she was pregnant with me.

0 comments: